Physiotherapy is crucial in the rehabilitation process after orthopedic treatment. Due to the orthopedic surgery, there will be an effect on your mobility. Hence, for speedy recovery and pain management, it is necessary to exercise under the guidance of your physiotherapist.
Moreover, this surgery is suggested by the doctor only at the last stage. After that, your healthcare professional will refer you to a physiotherapist and rehabilitation center, which will allow you to live and enjoy the same life as before.
In addition, India has the best surgeons for orthopedic treatment. The cost of orthopedic treatment in India ranges between INR 3 Lakhs to INR 5 Lakhs and thus is accessible to anyone.
Physiotherapy After Orthopedic Treatment: A Deeper Understanding
The duration of recovery time varies depending on the patient’s health, age, and surgery type, and often the healing process takes time. However, various machines and equipment are developed for physiotherapy, strengthening your muscles, and increasing mobility with technological advancement.
Some of the major surgeries for which physiotherapy is needed are:
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery- Hip or Knee
- Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgeries: Elbow, Knee, or Ankle
Hence, even if your surgery is minor, you can’t avoid physiotherapy. To enjoy a better life without any pain or mobility problems, you must follow the instructions of your physiotherapy doctor. Thus, even if you have issues with certain exercises, your physicians will guide you through alternative methods.
In addition, a rehabilitation center includes all the facilities that may be useful for your recovery. There are different exercises for the various affected parts of the body. For example, there are strength regain activities, exercise to increase mobility, electric stimulation, laser treatment, etc.
Also Read: 5 Steps To Detect Breast Cancer Early
Furthermore, the therapy aims to cure your musculoskeletal system, including joints, muscles, bones, connectivity tissues, ligaments, and tendons. Therefore, your doctor will prepare a detailed treatment plan and measures accordingly. Moreover, due to high pain post-surgery, pain medication is given by the doctor to ease the discomfort
Advantages Of Physiotherapy After An Orthopedic Surgery
There are several therapies offered after orthopedic treatment in India. However, it is also crucial you also exercise at your home for your benefit. Similarly, you can also prefer to appoint a home therapist, but that will increase your expenses due to the involvement of machines and equipment.
Hence, the following are some of the advantages of physiotherapy:
- In the treatment process, the patients spend many days lying on the bed, which freezes the muscles and leads to loss of strength. However, the therapy helps in regaining the lost energy and movement and is effective for the future.
- After the operation, the joints become stiff, especially in hip and knee surgeries. In addition, patients often get habitual to walk with support. Hence, ultrasonic heat is given to the patient, leading to muscle, tendons, and ligaments.
- There are possibilities of the formation of blood clots in the affected area. Thus, the movement/exercise prevents the harm.
- In certain cases, the patients cannot perform the actions of daily living such as sitting, standing, bathing, walking, etc. Therefore, to restore the lost function, the therapists guide the patients towards balancing and stretching exercises.
- Faster the recovery, shorter the hospital stay. It is suggested that if you are to undergo orthopedic surgery, then starting the therapy through tiny movements will be beneficial. You can experience an early transition from a hospital bed to the comfort of home.
- The whole treatment period weakens the spirit and confidence of the patient. Hence, the therapy helps the patients to get the lost confidence back.
- After the surgery, the patient experiences a lot of pain around the affected joint/muscles. Physiotherapy relieves this pain to a much greater extent.
The orthopedic treatment in India has become an easy process with the contribution of expert doctors and top-class facilities. You can get a better life after successfully passing the physiotherapy period. The more punctual you are towards following your therapist’s instructions, the faster you will recover.
Furthermore, orthopedics and joint replacement surgery at Max Hospital, India, will benefit you a lot. It’s because the Max Hospital is a reliable destination for more than 2.8 million patients across the globe. The main aim of the expert team of the Max Hospital is to reduce discomfort to the minimum level.
It further aims at increased mobility of the patient at the earliest. Hence, if you are skeptical, you can opt for free expert consultation on the official website of Max Healthcare.