Millions of credit cards are issued in India every year!
Over the last decade, credit cards have become very popular and today, we’re witnessing a paradigm shift towards a cashless economy with e-wallets and UPI payments becoming the norm. Electronic payments, especially with the arrival of the best credit cards have revolutionised the banking sector in India.
The application process has also seen a significant change. Earlier, applying for credit cards used to be a complex and daunting task – one that required you to submit a lot of supporting documents to prove your credibility and creditworthiness. But that is not the case anymore. Credit card issuers have simplified their application process to a great extent now, with most of them offering free credit cards and an option to file your application online just like the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank Credit Card.
This was made possible largely by the digitisation of one crucial aspect of the credit card application process, that is, ascertaining the creditworthiness of the application – Credit Score. It is a numeric depiction of the credibility of a user which is determined using a complex algorithm and considering multiple factors such as bank account records, loan repayment history, ongoing EMIs, etc.
Not just that, once you’ve applied for your credit card online, it is very easy to keep track of your application, to make sure that there is no hitch in the process and your priced credit card is on its way to your wallet!
And while the tracking process is likely to differ from bank to bank, it largely involves the following broad steps:
- Step #1: Visit the official website of the bank.
- Step #2: If necessary, log in using your credentials.
- Step #3: Once you’ve successfully logged in, click ‘Track Application Status’.
- Step #4: You will be redirected to a new window where you will be prompted to key in your details such as application number, PAN, Aadhar Number, etc.
- Step#5: After entering the correct details of your application, click on ‘Search’.
- Step #6: You will be redirected to a new page displaying the status of your credit card application.
- Step #7: If your credit card application has been approved, you can also go ahead and check the status of the shipment carrying your card using the tracking number which will likely be displayed alongside your application status on the bank’s website.
Most people prefer to track their application status online. However, if you do not have internet access, or for any other reason, if you are unable to check your application status online, you can also opt for the offline method of application status tracking.
You can call the 24X7 toll free number provided on your bank’s website to enquire about your application status or you can also visit your bank. Simply make sure that you have the following information handy:
- Application/Reference number.
- Mobile number (as provided in the application)
- Details of your PAN card.
- Details of your Aadhar card.
Here are a few FAQs relating to application status enquiry:
- Will I be informed in case my application gets rejected?
Yes. After processing your application, your bank will inform you of both approval, or rejection of your credit card application by way of an SMS or an email. Many banks now also operate through messengers such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger to maintain a chain of communication with their customers. If that’s the case with your bank, you can hear about the approval or rejection on one of those apps as well.
- Can I reapply for a credit card if my application is rejected?
Yes. Reapplying for credit cards in case your earlier application gets rejected is possible. Just make sure you take some time to understand why your application was rejected and make the necessary tweaks to your application before applying again.
The long waiting time before your credit card application gets approved can be very frustrating. But you don’t have to sit around in anticipation anymore!